Oct 16, 2016

Vampire Knight (Manga)

Image result for vampire knight manga
Click to enlarge
Name: Vampire Knight
Type: Manga
Author: Matsuri Hino
Books: 19
Genre: Romance, supernatural, gothic, drama, horror, dark fantasy
Age Rating: 15+


Review:

Schoolgirl Yuki attends the day class and supervises the Vampire night class along with her friend Zero. 

Similar to Twilight, except better written, in my opinion. Because of almost-incest and bloody content, I would recommend this only to more mature kids. It is humerus at first, but the story gets progressively more serious as the nights go on. What bothered me the most was how the series ended. I wasn't satisfied, and Yuki's choice really bothered me from the get-go. But the art was good and the story was engaging and did pique my interest. 


Because this is based solely around Vampires, it does draw blood, and the typical "blood-sucking" rituals are preformed. There is also murderous intent from other characters, and clever schemes that manipulate and take advantage of others, so I would defiantly keep that in mind. With so many other dark things in this world, it is important for the reader to be able to differentiate truth from fiction. Nothing good comes from seduction or revenge.


Though it wasn't my favorite manga, it wasn't at all my least favorite. The story is like a better version of Twilight. I gave it two stars because it was entertaining, and I did enjoy reading it. There were a lot of cliff-hangers and hidden secrets that I couldn't wait to discover. I think people who are into Vampires should consider reading. That being said, it's important to be careful with the supernatural and gothic genres in retrospect to God's Word. 


Mature Content:

  • Sexual References- References to sex
    • Vampires suck the blood of people, and it can be kind of intimate-looking
    • Incest is implied with Kaname and Yuki until it is revealed they are not related after all
  • Profanity- "Bastard"
  • Violence- Not too many fights, but blood is shown frequently
  • Spiritual- Vampires 
Personal Note:
I liked Zero better. Kaname was creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment