Oct 12, 2016

Wolf Children: Ame and Yuki (Manga)

Image result for ookami kodomo no ame to yuki
Click to enlarge
⋆⋆⋆⋆
Name: Wolf Children: Ame and Yuki
Type: Manga
Author: Mamuru Hosoda
Books: 3
Genre: Drama, fantasy, family
Age Rating: n/a

Review:

Follows the life of Hana and her 2 children, Ame and Yuki whom she raises alone after the death of her husband. The children can transform into wolves, and must eventually decide between living as a human, or becoming a wolf forever.

This is such a heartwarming story! The characters were all very sweet and lovable, and the interactions between Hana and her children were all very realistic and relatable. I don't have kids, but her hard work pooped me out, too. I felt really attached to this family, and was sad when it was over. It's nice because this story is appropriate for all ages, and I believe it would appeal to both sexes. It did throw me off that Yuki was a girl because in Faruba (Fruits Basket) that's a boy's name!


It was a very interesting idea, and a fresh look at how the story followed not only Ame and Yuki, but Hana as well. I quickly fell in love with her story, and sympathized with her during times of grief, frustration, and loss. It was great to get the perspective of an adult figure, especially one as motherly and nurturing as Hana was. She is a good example of a strong individual who loves her children feircely.


The themes in this story were important and good for young readers to learn. The importance of family being one, and the idea that not all decisions have to be scary. I really appreciated the friendship that developed between Yuki and Sohei, and Ame's development was fun to watch. It was refreshing to see an anime more based on family and parental love. I would recommend this manga to everyone, young or old, boy or girl!


Mature Content:

  • n/a
Personal Note:
This story was so sweet, I cried! Also, I really wanted to hug Ame...

No comments:

Post a Comment