Oct 11, 2016

Wolf's Rain (Manga)

Image result for wolf's rain manga cover
Click to enlarge
Name: Wolf's Rain
Type: Manga
Author: BONES, Keiko Nobumoto
Books: 2
Genre: Adventure, post-apocalyptic, science fantasy
Age Rating: 14+

Review: 

In the post-apocalyptic future, wolfs are thought to have gone extinct long ago. However, they are very much alive, disguised as humans. One wolf named Kiba hears of a legendary "Lunar Flower" and becomes determined to find its scent that will lead him and his pack to paradise. 

A very short, easy read. I found myself thrust into a future where there are no wolves (or so they say) and a fight lurks behind every corner. The characters were for the most part enjoyable and I liked how they were different from the usual. Though it was short, it ended well, and I understood what was going on most of the time, which was nice. I find that in a lot of manga, it can be confusing at times, and Wolf's Rain was straight to the point. However, it wasn't very memorable, and the story didn't stick with me after I'd read it.


Some of the characters were underdeveloped due to length of the series. They also did not all get along, which distressed me at times. I really enjoy it when a team works together and has the bond of friendship. It helps me connect with characters on a personal level better. It went with the story, however, and the differences between characters smoothed out and I was more satisfied with their relationships in the end.


Because of violence and some language, I'd recommend this to middle-school readers and up. Some of the characters were underdeveloped, but the length of the series was probably the main reason behind that. On a whole, the story was somewhat unremarkable and not really my type of thing, though I'm sure it would prove more entertaining for other people, particularly boys.


Mature Content:

  • Profanity- "Damn" and "hell"
  • Violence- Fights and graphic deaths (draws blood)
Personal Note:
When I first met Toboe, I thought he was a girl. It took me quite a while to figure it out. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment